Using only the art supplies, make a poster that illustrates repetition.
- Use white 9" x 12" paper as the foundation for your design.
- Design it in landscape format: with the 12" edge going left-to-right and the 9" edge going top-to-bottom.
- You can use any of the available materials to complete your ad: markers, colored pencils, crayons, rulers, compasses, colored paper, scissors, glue.
- Start your design in pencil so you can make adjustments before you finalize your design.
- Write the word REPETITION in letters at least two inches high somewhere on your poster, so they can be read across the room. Check your spelling!
- The rest of your poster must be arranged like this:
- At least four identical items or shapes repeating in an orderly fashion; this is consistency.
- An additional item that is nearly identical but different in a distinctive way; this is unity with variety.
- Here are some ways to make this single item distinct:
- Make it significantly bigger or smaller, or
- Make it a very different color, or
- Flip or turn the item, or
- Put the item on its own, away from the other, orderly items.
- Make it colorful.
- Make it neatly. Take your time.